Serve Him

Serve Him
Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Welcome to Living Abundantly



My name is Tina Foster. I hope you will enjoy reading my blog and seeing some of the crafts I have up for sale. Please feel free to leave a comment below to get in touch with me.


Go Live Life Abundantly!!

contact me at tinafoster3769@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fleeting moments



Lately, God has been giving me glimpses of my life as if I'm standing outside my body. Okay, don't close this blog, bare with me. I just sent my daughters back to school. One is in 11th grade and one is just entering the high school in 9th grade. I have a friend who just sent her son to preschool for the first time and another friend sending her daughter off to college for the first time. Here is where the out of body thing comes in. I can see myself in both situations.


I remember the day I sent my daughters off to preschool thinking, " How can they be old enough for preschool already?" I saw them with their little lunch boxes and backpacks eagerly seeking out their little hooks with their names on little apples. I remember thinking where has the time gone.

Now flash forward a few years. (Another out of body experience coming.) I see myself in a couple of years dropping off my daughters at their choice of college. They are older now and not just caring a lunch box and backpack but now they are carrying their clothes and dorm supplies, driving in their cars, and saying goodbye to me. What!

Okay back to my reality. I have a couple more years before they leave my house, but as God shows me these glimpses, I'm getting the feeling I'm suppose to savor the moments I've been given. In Psalm 39:4 it says,"Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered how fleeting my life is." I know he doesn't want me to dwell on the past or the future, but to savor the moments of each day he has given me.

If you know anything about me, I'm all about living for today, not stressing over anything, not a worry to be had, very laid back person. Okay so I'm not that way AT all. Totally the opposite as  matter of fact. I worry about everything. So,having these out of body glimpses that God is showing me has helped me focus more on today and to leave tomorrow for God to handle.

How about you? How are you handling the changes in your life or your kids lives? Are you able to find joy in the here and now? I give God the glory for helping me see the joy in these moments of today and for helping me not focus on the past or the future.

I've enjoyed my first blog with you! Have a very blessed day and enjoy these moments for they are fleeting!

In Jesus Christ,
Tina Foster

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you blogging Tina!! I will add it to my list of blogs that I check regularly :) And yes I agree, I need to savor the moments even if my son is only in preschool!

    ReplyDelete